Thursday 10 March 2011

On receiving an email concerning the Canterbury earthquake of 2011

Urbantramper comes from Aotearoa, New Zealand- a small country in the southern hemisphere consisting of two large islands and numerous smaller ones. Christchurch is the biggest city in the most southern of the two large islands and also the biggest city in the region of Canterbury. It is the second largest New Zealand city in terms of population. On the 4th of September 2010 a large earthquake hit the region. Aftershocks followed. On the 2nd of February 2011 an extremely large aftershock took place. This quake had devastating consequences for the city and its people.



I got an email from my brother in which he recounted his experience of the event's aftermath. I was moved to make some sort of contribution. Since I'm a songwriter, I wrote a song. I thought I could post the song on my website with a link to the Christchurch earthquake appeal. And so...

Download/Listen here

Donate to the Red Cross

Et autre chose...

My friend Nina is organising an event in Paris to raise money for the people of Christchurch. Urbantramper will perform a solo set. Entry is by donation and you must RSVP.

vendredi 18 mars · 18:30 - 23:30
Mathilda's Bar, Australian Embassy, Paris
15 rue de la Federation, 75007
For more info & to RSVP click HERE (you may need to log into facebook)

No comments: